The fateful tale of Selene and Alexander is brought brilliantly to life in Cleopatra’s Daughter. Recounted in Selene’s youthful and engaging voice, it introduces a compelling cast of historical characters: Octavia, the emperor Octavian’s kind and compassionate sister, abandoned by Marc Antony for Cleopatra; Livia, Octavian’s bitter and jealous wife; Marcellus, Octavian’s handsome, flirtatious nephew and heir apparent; Tiberius, Livia’s sardonic son and Marcellus’s great rival for power; and Juba, Octavian’s watchful aide, whose honored position at court has far-reaching effects on the lives of the young Egyptian royals.
Based on meticulous research, Cleopatra’s Daughter is a fascinating portrait of imperial Rome and of the people and events of this glorious and most tumultuous period in human history. Emerging from the shadows of the past, Selene, a young woman of irresistible charm and preternatural intelligence, will capture your heart.
Cleopatra’s Daughter is a book group favorite, and with good reason: it has all the necessary ingredients to inspire lively conversation, and author Michelle Moran has gathered everything you need – including making herself available to join your meeting.
Look at all this great stuff! Pick Cleopatra’s Daughter for an upcoming discussion, bring all this fascinating information to your book group, and you’re sure to have an unforgettable meeting.
What We're Reading This WeekGet recommendations for the greatest books around straight to your inbox every week.
• Download an excerpt of Michelle Moran’s Cleopatra’s Daughter.
• Enter Michelle Moran’s contest-of-the-month to win autographed books and cool prizes (like an authentic Roman coin dating back to the time of Octavian!
• Read a Q&A with Michelle Moran to learn more about how she researched and wrote the book.
• Get the adult reader’s guide and the young adult reader’s guide for Cleopatra’s Daughter. Perfect for mother-daughter book groups!
• Explore an interactive map of Rome during the time of Cleopatra.
• Reference a helpful glossary to Cleopatra’s Daughter to help you puzzle out all those unfamiliar terms.
• Stay connected by visiting Michelle Moran’s History Buff blog
Featured Image by Nosyrevy/Shutterstock.com