Bookworms across America are filling tote bags and suitcases with their favorite reads. Our new books’ shiny covers are ready to wink in the sunlight on long, lazy Saturdays spent at the beach, at parks, or any other venue that is a bit closer to mother nature.
To celebrate this wonderful time in a reader’s yearly calendar, we collected the most amazing outdoor reading spots on the planet. There’s something here for everyone–mountains, beaches, backyards, and even balconies.
So what are you waiting for? Pack your sunblock and hop to it!
1. Nothing better than glancing up and seeing a view like this between chapters.
What We're Reading This WeekGet recommendations for the greatest books around straight to your inbox every week.
2. More of an urban dweller? Create your own reading oasis.
3. Often, a blanket and some beach grass is all that’s needed.
4. Okay, this one isn’t strictly outdoors, but come on, we had to include this.
5. This is equal parts terrifying and amazing.
6. A wild-flower filled backyard with a fire pit? Don’t mind if we do!
7. We didn’t know it was possible to fall in love with a piece of furniture, till now.
8. A little night reading, anyone?
9. All you need is a meadow.
10. Just looking at this makes us feel more relaxed.
12. Garden cafes give you the option to snack and eat simultaneously. Win-win.