Nothing is more comforting for a bibliophile than curling up with a fun read and a mug of hot tea or coffee. Unless, of course, that mug is particularly bookish as well. Then, dear reader, you have the ultimate trifecta: a great book, a smart mug, and a contented you. Whether you want to toast your favorite classic or celebrate books of all kinds, the internet has a mug to suit your taste.
Check out our selection of literate liquid vessels to find your perfect coffee cup. You might even find just the right gift for a book-loving friend!
1. Begin your day with some of the best beginnings in literature by having your coffee in one of these First Lines of Literature Mugs. (Philosopher’s Guild)
What We're Reading This WeekGet recommendations for the greatest books around straight to your inbox every week.
2. If you’re a book and tea person, take pleasure in the simple things with this lovely mug. (Etsy)
3. Or start your day with a smile – and only a smile. The Cheshire Cat disappears when you pour your coffee in this mug. (Philospher’s Guild)
4. Keep it classy with a Penguin Classics mug. (Penguin Random House)
5. If you’re a brooding night owl, here’s a mug for your midnight coffee. (Etsy)
6. And once you’ve stayed up too late with a book you just couldn’t put down, this travel mug will get you through the day. (Etsy)
7. This Shakespearean Insult mug will put any beetle-headed flap-ear’d knaves in their place.
8. This mug will remind your coworkers of your TRUE purpose. (Strand Books)
9. If you, like Matilda, have finished all of your books and you’re wondering what to read next, you probably need this classically illustrated mug. (The Literary Gift Company)
10. From Oliver Twist to Mr. Pickwick, this mug is plastered with Dickens’ most famous characters. (The Literary Gift Company)
11. It is a truth universally acknowledged that a reader with a good novel must be in want of a complementary mug. (Philospher’s Guild)
12. Hey, good lookin’: this mug goes with all of your books. (Etsy)