It’s wonderful to see a child absorbed in the world of a book, whether it’s a tattered old picture book covered in toddler smudges or a chapter book that keeps them reading past their bedtime.
Maya Angelou put it so well: “Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.” We agree.
Plus, kids reading is just plain cute. We’ve gathered some of our favorite pics … literary cuteness overload!
What We're Reading This WeekGet recommendations for the greatest books around straight to your inbox every week.
1. Dogs make great reading companions (and good book pillows!) [via Pinterest]
2. This book cracks me up! Also, I have a handful of dirt. [via Tumblr]
3. I love being little enough so that every window is a window seat. [via Flickr]
4. Yes, I know my reading slippers are super sassy. The tights, too! [via katejdaniel.blogspot.mx]
5. Hmmm, not sure if I like this book or not. [via BestFamilyPhotoTips.com]
6. Ahhh. The smell of freshly cut grass and a new book. [via Flickr]
7. Reading out loud to my doll is the best. [via Tumblr]
8. It’s okay, buddy. The pictures work upside down, too. [via Tumblr]