Every week, Read It Forward gathers the latest and greatest in the world of books to share with our community of readers. Have a bookish news item to share? Leave a comment!
• Happy Earth Day! To celebrate the day, Huffington Post asked its readers to recommend books to recognize Earth Day.
• You can judge a book by its cover. Penguin art director Paul Buckley shares how he chose the 75 best covers to celebrate the publisher’s anniversary.
• The power of books. Time magazine includes six authors on its “100 list”: “the most influential people in the world.” Pulitzer Prize-winner Jennifer Egan, fantasy author George R.R. Martin, memoir-writer Amy Chua, pregnancy guide writer Heidi Murkoff, novelist Jonathan Franzen, Huffington Post founder and author Arianna Huffington.
What We're Reading This WeekGet recommendations for the greatest books around straight to your inbox every week.
• Much ado about nothing? Book Beast examines the controversy surrounding Greg Moretenson’s Three Cups of Tea.
• This week’s New York Times bestsellers. Great to see Barbara Eden’s memoir Jeannie Out of the Bottle still on the list, and we’re glad that The Land of Painted Caves and The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks are holding steady. Get the inside scoop: Inside the List.