Here's a summer reading list you're going to love! The Top 10 Beach Reads Countdown: by RIFers, for RIFers.
We asked you to help us create a summer reading list, and you shared hundreds of recommendations – from what you’re reading now, to what’s on your TBR list this summer, to your classic favorites that you read again and again.
Here are five of the 10 books you recommended the most. Check out Part Two!
10. That’s That by Colin Broderick. From the bestselling author of Orangutan, this is the first book to paint a detailed depiction of Northern Ireland’s Troubles, told in the wry, memorable voice of a man who’s finally come to terms with his past. A Read It First giveaway on RIF Facebook, it’s one many of you are reading this summer.
9. Life After Life by Kate Atkinson. On a cold and snowy night in 1910, Ursula Todd is born to an English banker and his wife. She dies before she can draw her first breath. On that same cold and snowy night, Ursula Todd is born, lets out a lusty wail, and embarks upon a life that will be, to say the least, unusual. A RIFer favorite!
8. Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy. Spanning forty years, this is the story of turbulent Tom Wingo, his gifted and troubled twin sister, Savannah, and their struggle to triumph over the dark and tragic legacy of the extraordinary family into which they were born. Many RIFers named The Prince of Tides one of the “best beach reads of all time”!
7. The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. A tiny girl is abandoned on a ship headed for Australia in 1913. She arrives completely alone with nothing but a small suitcase containing a few clothes and a single book – a beautiful volume of fairy tales. Eventually, she sets out to learn the truth of her secret past. Tons of RIFers are reading it this summer, with many more saying it’s on their TBR list!
6. Joyland by Stephen King. Set in a small-town North Carolina amusement park in 1973, Joyland tells the story of the summer in which college student Devin Jones comes to work as a carny and confronts the legacy of a vicious murder, the fate of a dying child, and the ways both will change his life forever. What would summer be without a new Stephen King novel?!
Check out the top five picks! Why not leave a comment with your favorite summer read of all time? We’d love to hear from you!
About the Author