In The Splendid Table’s How to Eat Weekends, Lynne and Sally take you on escapades for a deeply pleasurable experience. They want you to head to different neighborhoods and markets, gather up ingredients, and embrace new cooking techniques and flavors that will carry over into your everyday meals. Check out the free recipes we’ve posted – they will spice up your book group discussion of Moni Mohsin’s novel Duty Free. Tell us about your favorite book group book / food combo for the chance to win a copy of The Splendid Table’s How to Eat Weekends!
“Often complaining that her ‘life’s so bore,’ my heroine speaks in a uniquely Subcontinental English, peppered with misspellings (bagground, Tom Fort) and malapropisms (‘she’s a suppository of local gossip’),” explains Moni Mohsin, author of Duty Free. “Though this is the spoken lingo of millions, readers in India and Pakistan are not accustomed to encountering it on the printed page. An entire book written in this chutneyfied English therefore is cause for much hilarity and surprised delight. Readers write to me in the voice of the heroine, letters and emails about their picaresque lives, which in turn surprise and delight me.”
Popular on RIF
- Enter for the Chance to Win a Mother’s Day Mystery Box
- How to Spot a Sociopath . . . And Our Next Giveaway 64 Comments
- Enter for the Chance to Win Bestselling YA Book 42 Comments
- Enter for the Chance to Win The Summer of Dead Toys 27 Comments
- Enter for the Chance to Win Autographed U.K. Edition of Gone Girl 27 Comments